CompuCycle – Houston’s first R2 certified electronic solutions provider – destroys all hard drive data and recycles all electronics responsibly, safely and securely.
Since the program began, collections have averaged about 15,000 pounds per month. Thank you for caring, recycling, and keeping these hazardous substances from the landfill! Compucycle is able to salvage for reuse or sell almost all materials turned in at these events. That is a win win for everyone!
Compucycle accepts nearly all electronics of any age, working or non-working.
– Computers and Laptops
– Servers, Server Racks, Mainframe Equipment
– UPS Systems and Batteries
– Network Equipment, Routers, Switches, Modems
– Telephone Equipment, PBX Systems, VOIP, Business Phones
– Printers, Typewriters, Fax Machines, Scanners, Copiers
– New or Used Toner and Ink Cartridges
– Accessories: Mice, Keyboards, Wires/Cables, HDDS, Speakers
– Power Supplies, AC Adapters
– LCD, LED, Plasma TVs and Monitors
– Audio Equipment: Amplifiers, Receivers, Speakers, Stereos
– Cell Phones, Pagers, IPhones, Blackberry, etc.
– Video Devices: Cameras, VHS/DVD Players, Cable Boxes
– Test Equipment, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers
– Audio Devices: RF, Radio, Ham Radio Parts, Amplifiers, Receivers, Stereo Systems
– Satellite Equipment, Dishes, BUCs, LNBs, Waveguides
– Batteries: NiCad Batteries, Lead Acid (UPS Batteries) Laptop Batteries, Cell Phone Batteries, Car Batteries (ALKALINE BATTERIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
– Circuit Boards and Electronic Components
– Metals, Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Iron
– Monitors and TVs (Maximum 27” at collection events). Larger TV’s can be dropped at Compucycle facility (or given for FREE on Freecycle.org or Kingwood Bookoo if still working)
– Household Appliances: Refrigerators, Stoves, Washer/Dryer, Microwaves, Mercury Devices
– Smoke Alarms, Air Conditioners, Fans, Paint, Medical/Biohazard Waste, Solar Panels
– Hazardous Materials, Vacuum Cleaners, Dehumidifiers, Light Bulbs, Oil Waste
– Batteries: Alkaline AA, AAA, C, D, 9V, hearing aids, watches, etc.
Other Electronic Recycling Options
Best Buy accepts many types of electronics, including TVs, at no cost and offers pickup programs for items too large to easily transport. More information on Best Buy’s electronic recycling services can be found here.
Goodwill Houston additionally accepts scrap electronic equipment including TVs, computers, DVRs, etc. in any condition. Information on Goodwill Houston’s electronic recycling program can be found on its FAQ webpage . They have a computer store and reconditioning center (by Greenspoint at NE Corner of I-45 and Beltway 8). They recondition old computer systems there and resell to the public.
Residents can also click here to find information on other ways to recycle various types of electronic goods in Texas.