Reuse: Donate unused items to Charities or to Freecycle !
All the charities below are accepting donations of clothing for women, men and children, paired shoes, linen and small household items (kitchen utensils and appliances, small electronics, books, tapes, CD, suitcases, purses, sporting goods, jewelry, etc.), anything that could be sold in a thrift store.
Some charities also take large appliances, furniture, computers or magazines. Most charities don’t have the resources to repair non working or damaged items though. Thrift store are not allowed to resell mattresses and many of them are not selling toys. These items can be given away on Freecycle.
Drop-off Centers in the Kingwood/Porter/Humble area
- Family Time (281)354-5590 has a thrift shop at 23874 Loop 494 in Porter.
- Goodwill (281) 446-4332: Donation center at 1800 Northpark Dr & Russell Palmer Rd (Kingwood) or donation trailer along the Loop 494, across from Lowe’s. You can also bring your donation at their thrift stores in Humble, Porter or Atascocita. Goodwill has a special computer recycling program called Reconnect. They accept any brand of used computer equipment in any condition and anything that can be connected to a computer.
- HAAM (Humble Area Assistance Ministries) – has a thrift shop called Black Cat Junction Kingwood Boutique (Mon – Sat 10-6 closed Sun) at 22310 Loop 494 in Kingwood (281)-359-LOOP (5667)- and another one at 1204 E First Street in Humble (281)446-0993 (next to Humble Post office) where you can bring your donations Monday through Saturday 10:00am till 5:30pm and Sunday Noon till 5:00pm. No appliances other than working refrigerator and no items that are stained, torn or need repair. HAAM will also take rags and old clothing for recycling (please label the recycling bag).
- New Caney New Horizons Inc (281)354 7667, they have a resale shop and donation center at 22564 Community Dr., New Caney that employs and benefits special needs individuals.
- Purple Heart Service Foundation has a donation trailer along Northpark Dr, near Russell Palmer Rd
Pick-up at Your House
Some charities come to Kingwood on a regular basis and are willing to pick up donations at your house.
- HAAM (281)-446 3663 X127 – Tuesday through Saturday -For picking up large furniture items only. Nothing that needs repair.
- Salvation Army (713)425 8800 or (713)425 8700 for automobile donation.
- Purple Heart Service Foundation (713) 685-5400. Visit their website for a list of items that they take and to schedule a pick up.
Freecycle is connecting people who are throwing away unwanted items with others who are seeking the same items. Even rusted, torn, stained items or anything needing repair will make someone happy on Freecycle!
Kingwood Bookoo is another place where unwanted items can be given away in the FREE section.
Kingwood.com classified also has a FREE section where unwanted items can be given away